- Short, 5-minute Introduction to EG4Health campaign (5 mins).
- Longer Introduction to EG4Health campaign (15 mins) and introductory flyer.
- Detail on EG4Health? (30 mins) and accompanying handout.
1.2 Supporting Graphs and Diagrams:
- How does the global economy damage global health? (old version, and some old campaigns, and detail on economic mechanisms).
- A selection of illustrations on economic and health inequalities.
2. On why the global economy is failing to develop low and middle income countries:
- Stiglitz, Joseph. Globalization and its discontents. 2002. Chapter 1.
3. On why health is so poor in many developing countries:
- WHO: Commission on the Social Determinants of Health
- WHO: Action on the Social Determinants of Health pp 14-17. (2008)
- ILO: The social dimensions of globalisation (2004)
4. Detailed articles on how the global economy influences health:
On TRADE and health - The Lancet series on Trade and Health.
On PRIVATISATION and health – Why mass privatization is bad for health.
On our Moral mandate – why we have the right to improve the social determinants of health.
On the IMF in particular:
- The IMF’s effect on T.B. (also on the BBC)
- The IMF’s effect on tobacco: A product like any other?
- The IMF’s effect on global health, after the 2008 financial crisis: paper 1, paper 2
- Reviving the International Monetary Fund: Concerns for the Health of the Poor.
- Scaling up global social health protection: Prerequisite reforms to the International Monetary Fund.
5. A positive vision of the future:
6. EG4Health past activities:
Raising awareness in the media:
- Policy statement by the International Federation of Medical Student Associations.
- Our response to the EU’s consultation on global health, the initial response, and the EU’s final policy on global health
- Our response to the UN World Conference on Social Determinants of Health, and some reactions.
- Letters by the EU DG for Trade, about their bilateral trade negotiations with India concerning patent rules.
- Our letters to G20 finance ministers, and the final communique from Cannes, 2011.
- Relavant video news
- Some films to pass the time: The Fever, Sicko, Zeitgeist Addendum, The Constant Gardener.